Sunday, January 20, 2013

Toys For The Royal Toy Chest

Queen Thyra put forth a request for toys for the Royal Toy Chest.  As the kidlet has been given the opportunity to choose a toy donated by some generous individual, I felt like I should create something to give back.  Plus, I really like making toys.

I made these wooden soldiers.  The knights are dressed in the colors of the east, but the one in green is based off pictures of King Edward at his crown tourney.  Her Majesty later commented that she really wanted to keep that one for herself, so there are plans to do another one for Her amusement.

I also did a soft doll with a lovely embroidered face and a simple dress and, much to my dismay, I  didn't get a picture of it.  I hope that whichever child received her will think she's pretty cool for a toy that doesn't light up.

No comments:

Post a Comment