Saturday, October 7, 2017

Everything old is new again...


My apprentice ceremony in July of 2014

So back when I was just returning to the SCA, I used this blog to keep track of the things that interested me.  You'll note that prior to this point, there's a little bit of everything in here.  Then I met Honig and fell down the scribal rabbit hole. 

Honig took me on as a student in 2013, right around the time when my last entry was here.  In 2014, she was elevated to the Order of the Laurel, and I became her first apprentice at GNEW that year.  Mistress and the scribal world has kept me busy ever since.  Really really busy.

From 2013 (my last post here) to 2017, a lot has changed in my SCA world.  Perhaps my two most ambitious projects to date have come out in the last three months.  I'm starting to both explore new and exciting areas in scribal arts as well as answer questions for new scribes just starting the journey.  I think it's fair to say that I have finally found the thing that I'm most passionate about. 


I've got a series of entries over the next week or so about my newest project that may be useful to someone else who wants to give it a try, but I hadn't posted anything here for so long that I felt a little backstory was warranted.  So this is where I've been.  On with the projects!!

No comments:

Post a Comment